Wishbone

Wishbone
Whens the Jamboree Project coming?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bloody Mary and The Red Room

I went on the Dangerbird records website to be informed of the new Silversun Pickups record entitled Neck of The Woods which is due out May 8th. The first single Bloody Mary is soooo good. The first time I heard it I got the same chill I got from Lazy Eye. They recorded up in Brian Aubert's old haunt Topanga Canyon. Spin Magazine did this behind the scenes shoot on the making of. http://www.spin.com/gallery/woods-behind-silversun-pickups-may-lp Here's a link to pre-order and check out Bloody Mary. As much as I loved Swoon... I think Neck of The Woods is gonna blow it out of the water.... just saying.

Preorder Silversun Pickups "Neck Of The Woods" & Hear New Song "Bloody Mary (Nerve Endings)"

I pre-ordered it... and I feel no regrets lol. 



The Red Room (second topic of this post) is a hole in the wall venue here in Tacoma that I got to see my friends Thy Floor Is Lava and Family Thief play at earlier this month. It's unmarked next to a medical dispensary, basically an empty room with a PA system and an awesome wall sign. For $7 bucks that night I got to see about 7 or so bands play, including Hella Down and stage beasts Ghost Animals. Ghost Animal really took the show. On the eve of their first cd release party they danced, did flips, spun guitars, and left everyone in awe. It was like what The Rolling Stone's Rock and Roll Circus suggested and their music is great too. I picked up a copy of their cd New English and have actually played it more than once. Chatting with the guys before and after the show they were down to Earth and extremely interested in the other bands. Not one of which was disappointing. Some really good talent came through and I hope the next time I go it'll be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment