Wishbone

Wishbone
Whens the Jamboree Project coming?

Monday, April 30, 2012

Blunderbuss

Jack White is one of my favorite musicians and I am overjoyed to sit and listen to his new solo album Blunderbuss which dropped last Tuesday. I'm so glad he has never stopped or gone a stray from the path of blues based story telling. Everything he has touched in my heart turns to gold. In the most snooty art critical way I love his work lol! But anyway let's get to the album!

It's starts with Missing Pieces about a love taking. And boom. There's the set up for the whole album. The sadness of moving on from love lost clouds the whole beautiful album. Weep Themselves To Sleep is like something off a Raconteurs album in it's progressiveness but then comes I'm Shakin' and it's a off tinged jam like Little Ghost. Every song is individually interesting and very Jack White... how else do you put that? Good Cd, Jack White. Yeah lol Take Me With You When You Go

As far as the title, I found out what a blunderbuss was not too long ago when someone mentioned one at a shooting range. I then looked it up on the ole' Wikipedia to find out that a blunderbuss is:


"a muzzle-loading firearm with a short, large caliber barrel, which is flared at the muzzle and frequently throughout the entire bore, and used with shot and other projectiles of relevant quantity and/or caliber. The blunderbuss could be considered to be an early form of shotgun or muzzleloader, which was often adapted to military and defensive use."

In the lately I thought Jack might have been losing his ever loving mind, but it turns out that even if he has... his heart is still in the right place. Here's the video for Sixteen Saltines.






No comments:

Post a Comment